Sequencing Visio 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• hi team,

We have sequenced visio 2007. But whe we try to use the option Link to Data Shapes and try to export data from Excel it fails with the following error message:

Microsoft office excel is currently inaccessible

When we select more info, the follwoing error is seen

Error 800a0e7a: Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed

Have anyone come across simialr errors with sequenced Visio.... kindly provide any suggestion...

AppGN

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 10:56 AM

Answers

• I would normally not recommend sequencing Visio if you haven't also sequenced the rest of Office. Did you have Office installed on the sequencing VM before sequencing Visio?

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Wednesday, August 7, 2013 9:48 PM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:43 AM

All replies

• I would normally not recommend sequencing Visio if you haven't also sequenced the rest of Office. Did you have Office installed on the sequencing VM before sequencing Visio?

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Wednesday, August 7, 2013 9:48 PM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:43 AM
  • Yes Aaron... i have tried in clean mcahine as well as in a machine where offfice is installed locally.. we still have the same issue.......

AppGN

Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:23 AM
  • Hello,

I would go with Aarons first recommendation to avoid the issue

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:42 AM