Upload failed in SharePoint 2013 - Office documents RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Guys,

Some users are having issue to save documents on SharePoint despite they have full permissions. When users are opening office documents on SharePoint, the below error message appears.

This is preventing users to work on SharePoint.

Please advise what could be causing the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhavnasu

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 7:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Bhavnasu,

Do they have at least edit permission on the library? Check if the library have unique permission. If they have full permission on the site but have no permission on the library, they will meet this error.

Let them try to add the Web site into the list of "trusted sites" in IE settings.

Also try to sign out and Sign in again to check the results. 

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 2:33 AM
  • Hi Allen,

Even I am facing this issue, and I tried all the possible way. Added site to trusted in IE, giving full permission (even it is not required), reinstalled office, Changed the password and updated in Credential manager and many more things I did. But the same.That we are facing issue since 2-3 days. 

Cheers,

Kuldeep Verma

Please remember to click Mark As Answer,if my post solves your problem or in case if it useful then Vote As Helpful

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 5:02 AM
  • Hi Allen,

User already have permission on the library. Before he was able to do edit and save documents directly on SharePoint. Now since 2 weeks he is not able to edit documents, he is having above error message.

Why is it so, all of a sudden, user is having such problem.

Thanks

Bhavnasu

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 5:51 AM
  • Hi Bhavnasu,

Have you installed any windows update or SharePoint patches or Office update recently?

Let these users test in another computer to have a test(since this issue only happens on some users, not all users, you can try to find some difference, like browser, computer settings).

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 6:25 AM
  • Hi Kuldeep Verma,

Do you also have this issue on SharePoint 2013? Do all your users or only some users have this issue?

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 6:26 AM
  • Hi Allen,

Recently users have been moved to Office 365, I think 2 or 3 weeks ago. If I am not mistaken, since that migration user is having that issue.

What could be done in such case.

Thanks,

Bhavnasu

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 6:37 AM
  • Only for 2-3 users identify. I think this is because of some update. 

Cheers,

Kuldeep Verma

Please remember to click Mark As Answer,if my post solves your problem or in case if it useful then Vote As Helpful

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 6:38 AM
  • Working with IE?

A long shot but recently a IE update caused problems for us: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d72336df-2777-4a78-bbfa-0cfd18246eda/cant-save-documents-in-library-and-folders-with-accents?forum=sharepointgeneral

Maybe related?

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 6:43 AM
  • One solution worked for one user. Since our users are in O365 and license is also from the same. The issue is resolved for one user after uninstalling the office and assigning the license for the same user. So overall it is working after uninstalling the office and assigning the license for the affected user. 

@Bhavnasu, you can also try to uninstall office or same way if it's applicable.

Cheers,

Kuldeep Verma,

Please remember to click Mark As Answer, if my post solves your problem or in case if it useful then Vote As Helpful

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 6:45 AM
  • Hi,

I know, you two are having issue in SharePoint Online.

Do your Office install from O365 online or install locally before? When I go to use O365, I uninstall my local Office and reinstall it from O365. Maybe you can have a try like Kuldeep Verma mentioned(or directly update their Office with the newest version).

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 7:05 AM