none
System Centre 2012 DPM Setup error ID:4072 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm attempting to run a setup of DTM2012 (both SP1 and RTM) and when I run setup I get following error:

The specified path C:\users\scdpm\ is invalid. (ID: 4072) Specify a valid path and verify that the path is accessible.

The error happens on both Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 2012, fresh builds. The only time I was able to get pass that error was when I logged in as local administrator (not domain account) and run the setup it goes pass that point, however I'm unable to get it working as it's not domain. The account I use to login is Enterprise Domain admin account so there is no issue with permission. We use folder redirection however I would be suspected if that would cause the issue

Monday, January 14, 2013 6:27 PM

Answers

• Hi, I had the exact same issue. To resolve this just create the folder SCDPM in the users directory.

Then my install started properly. What a pain this issue was for me.

• Proposed as answer by bfuse Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Thomas Radosh Wednesday, October 16, 2013 7:44 PM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:58 PM

All replies

• Did you run the account as admin or as the user you are logged in with?

Clearly it is not succeeding in installing the software in that location and I do excpect it has something to do with the folder redirection

It's doing common things uncommonly well that brings succes.

Friday, January 18, 2013 8:13 PM
  • Hi, I had the exact same issue. To resolve this just create the folder SCDPM in the users directory.

Then my install started properly. What a pain this issue was for me.

• Proposed as answer by bfuse Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Thomas Radosh Wednesday, October 16, 2013 7:44 PM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:58 PM