none
Scheduling Conflict RRS feed

• Question

• Yesterday, i updated an existing schedule but when i increased the duration of a task, the succeeding dependent task start date did not adjust accordingly. If i e-mail the schedule to another PC and open, there is no probelm! Any feedback welcome Thanks
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 7:34 AM

Answers

All replies

• If you can send me the mpp file at projectuser-at-fastmail.fm, I'll check it out and respond as soon as I can.
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 7:50 AM
  • Try saving another copy of the same plan and check if you get the same issue in the fresh copy also.

Sapna S

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 8:40 AM
  • Thanks for the response - in the end i did a system restore and all is ok so assume perhaps an issue with a global template?

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:09 AM
  • Thanks for the response - in the end i did a system restore and all is ok so assume perhaps an issue with a global template?
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:09 AM
  • My guess would be that calculation was set to manual.  In Project 2010: File > Options, Schedule and ensure "Calculate project after each edit" is on.  if it was off on your machine but on on the other computer, that would explain why it worked on one computer, but not on yours.

Julie

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 3:57 PM
  • Thanks Julie,

Having toggled that option, it certainly gives rise to the effect i was seeing although i have not changed the settings!

i still suspect a global template change somehow but cannot say for sure but all is now well

Thanks for message

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:47 AM