Working with Universal App in windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am working with Windows 10, and came across Metro App (MAIL), I am trying to set  Always Maximize as default mode for the MAIL app while it opens both in Desktop Mode & Tablet Mode. Do you have any Idea How to do that,? I am Quite New to UI design for metro app, Do I need to modify xaml coding for the mail app located in windows ? Or is there any other workaround? Can I customize the UI of Windows Metro app which are already present in Win 10?

• Edited by Dhanraj B Tuesday, February 2, 2016 11:58 AM qa
    Tuesday, February 2, 2016 11:56 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my test, if you manually open it, and set it as full screen as below, it would remain this settings after restart the computer.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Dhanraj B Tuesday, February 16, 2016 3:49 AM
    Friday, February 5, 2016 9:22 AM

All replies

• I'll suggest you to post your question in MSDN forums. 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 11:16 PM
  • Thank You Arnav Sharma
    • Proposed as answer by arnavsharma Wednesday, February 3, 2016 9:29 AM
    Wednesday, February 3, 2016 6:55 AM
  • Hi,

This thread should be helpful to you:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30936104/how-to-maximise-a-windows-10-universal-applications-window-to-full-screen-when

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by arnavsharma Wednesday, February 3, 2016 9:29 AM
    Wednesday, February 3, 2016 8:37 AM
  • ApplicationViewFullScreen ::: where to edit this? Are you saying that I should edit that in c# or in XAML code available in Windows Program Files Folder so that my  Metro app Mail start alwys in Full Screen??
    Thursday, February 4, 2016 12:55 PM
  • Hi,

Based on my test, if you manually open it, and set it as full screen as below, it would remain this settings after restart the computer.

• Marked as answer by Dhanraj B Tuesday, February 16, 2016 3:49 AM
    Friday, February 5, 2016 9:22 AM