none
Upgrade to MIM fails with UpgradeDatabase error RRS feed

  • Question


  • I'm following the upgrade instructions here https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt219041.aspx on upgrading to MIM.  The FIM build version is FIM 2010 R2 SP1 (4.1.3634.0). 

    Error captured in MSIEXEC logs is below. I found one wiki reference to a 1772 error which related to the install account not having Farm admin rights in Sharepoint. I checked that I have this right, and have also tried giving SQL db_owner on the FIMService DB to the FIM service account & the installer account, but no change.

    Any ideas? Thanks,

    Matthew


    CustomAction UpgradeDatabase returned actual error code -2 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
    Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action UpgradeDatabase, location: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager\2010\Service\Microsoft.IdentityManagement.DatabaseUpgrade.exe, command: /ConnectionString:"Data Source=FIM1;Initial Catalog=FIMService;Integrated Security=SSPI;Pooling=true;Connection Timeout=225" /FimServiceAccountName:"CORP\SVC_FIMService" /FimServiceDatabaseName:"FIMService" 
    MSI (s) (7C:64) [10:30:05:896]: Product: Microsoft Identity Manager Service and Portal -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action UpgradeDatabase, location: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager\2010\Service\Microsoft.IdentityManagement.DatabaseUpgrade.exe, command: /ConnectionString:"Data Source=FIM1;Initial Catalog=FIMService;Integrated Security=SSPI;Pooling=true;Connection Timeout=225" /FimServiceAccountName:"CORP\SVC_FIMService" /FimServiceDatabaseName:"FIMService" 

    08/07/2015 10:30:05.896 [5500]: Assembly Install: Failing with hr=80070005 at RemoveDirectoryAndChildren, line 384

    08/07/2015 10:30:05.896 [5500]: Detailed info about C:\Windows\assembly\tmp\7MIPTGMU\Microsoft.ResourceManagement.WorkflowContract.dll

    08/07/2015 10:30:05.896 [5500]: File attributes: 00000080

    08/07/2015 10:30:05.932 [5500]: Restart Manager Info: 1 entries

    08/07/2015 10:30:05.932 [5500]: App[0]: (5500) Windows Installer (msiserver), type = 3 

    08/07/2015 10:30:05.932 [5500]: Security info:

    08/07/2015 10:30:05.932 [5500]: Owner: S-1-5-18

    08/07/2015 10:30:05.932 [5500]: Group: S-1-5-18

    08/07/2015 10:30:05.932 [5500]: DACL information: 4 entries:

    08/07/2015 10:30:05.932 [5500]: ACE[0]: Type = 0x00, Flags = 010, Mask = 001f01ff, SID = S-1-5-18

    08/07/2015 10:30:05.932 [5500]: ACE[1]: Type = 0x00, Flags = 010, Mask = 001f01ff, SID = S-1-5-32-544

    08/07/2015 10:30:05.932 [5500]: ACE[2]: Type = 0x00, Flags = 010, Mask = 001200a9, SID = S-1-5-32-545

    08/07/2015 10:30:05.932 [5500]: ACE[3]: Type = 0x00, Flags = 010, Mask = 001200a9, SID = S-1-15-2-1


    • Edited by M. Woolnough Friday, August 7, 2015 4:09 AM clarification of right assigned
    Friday, August 7, 2015 12:46 AM

Answers

  • Anthony Marsiglia has blogged the solution to this one here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/connector_space/archive/2015/08/05/installing-the-microsoft-identity-manager-2016-4-3-1935-0-service-and-portal-upgrade-from-fim-2010-r2.aspx

    The Microsoft.IdentityManagement.DatabaseUpgrade.exe.config file included in the installer needs to be updated.

    thanks Bob for pointing me in the right direction. 

    • Marked as answer by M. Woolnough Monday, August 10, 2015 1:02 AM
    Monday, August 10, 2015 1:02 AM