none
IE11 - unable to login to www.ou.nl RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

OU is a website for online training course.

I have a user reporting me that she is unable to see her course content after she logs in to URL (www.ou.nl). There is a button at the top mijnOU when clicked on it the page displays login page correctly but after entering the credentials the page keeps loading on "waiting..." and after a minute it displays '' you must close all browser windows to be fully log out" - all these happens when accessing the URL from her company joined computer. It neither works on corporate LAN nor on Wifi.

Luckily, the same URL works fine on her Personal PC at home wifi. 

As a first troubleshooting step:-

- I added the URL to Trusted list but no luck

- Added the site to compatibility in IE

- IE reset

- Password change

All steps did not solve the issue. Please guide or suggest something.

Friday, August 3, 2018 1:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

She has placed your website in her IE Trusted sites list.

To fix it she must either

1. Remove your site from here trusted sites list.

Tools>Internet Options>Security tab, Trusted sites icon, 'Sites' button.

Remove your website domain, so that it maps to the Internet zone...

(IE has security restrictions for 'navigation into a zone of lower integrity').

2. Replace her entry in the Trusted Sites list with a wild-card notation, so the validation sub-domain and root are mapped to the same IE security zone (Trusted).

Tools>Internet Options>Security tab, Trusted sites icon, 'Sites' button, modify www.ou.nl to *.ou.nl .

If she is using another verification service like FB connect, then FB has also to be in their Trusted sites list.

It is best to remove any public websites domains from client IE's Trusted sites list, so that all websites (except managed Intranet sites) map to the IE Internet zone.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Saturday, August 4, 2018 7:37 AM
  • Hello,

I do not own the website. The user works in my company and I am from Windows Admin team helping the user. As all users are experiencing the same problem.

I reset IE11 to default - still no effect

Remove site from trusted entries (Location: Computer\HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1409082233-117609710-839522115-13xxx\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\) 

Added *.ou.nl in above location path in registry.

As IE settings are disabled by company policies I can only make changes to above registry path.

Still not working - shows the same error. Screenshot below

Please help.

ScreenCapture
    • Edited by Deep990 Tuesday, August 7, 2018 3:09 PM
    Tuesday, August 7, 2018 3:05 PM
  • Hi,

that's a message from the server software application(web site).

It would appear that users are using the Window>Close button [x] to close the browser window.

The software vendor/website should have a logout button on their site that

ends the server session

and closes the client browser window

or ends the server session

and takes the client browser back to a login page.

You need to configure your GPO settings to prevent users using the Close button on IE. The software vendor should be able to provide you with their recommended Group Policy or web browser settings.

If it is a student access site (viz: students use their own PC's connected to a university website), your programmers/contractors need to add code to the site to prevent students closing the browser window without first clicking a logoff button.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 2:15 AM