Offline MAP collection RRS feed

• Question

• We are running a scan on our network and we are able to collect a large amount of info. Unfortunately, we have a set of machines that they work remotely and they don't connect to our network too often.

My question is:

Is there any way that you can produce a standalone exe or a set of cmdlets that can run and collect all the information and create some file that we can then import into MAP??

Any info or help on this would be appreciated.

Friday, September 11, 2015 4:02 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately I think you won't have any luck in getting something like that produced by the MAP team.

There are a few options you have:

1) Schedule a time/date for these devices to simultaneously connect to the network for the purpose of MAP inventory (I know this is sometimes close to impossible)

2) There are multiple WMI/PowerShell scripts online that collect software inventory when executed on a single device. In your case unfortunately once you collect all the different info from each device there is no way of you feeding it to your existing MAP file.

3) Now this is advance (and tedious, and might drive everyone crazy)  and it would depend on how many of these devices are offline and the savviness of their users. You could backup the current DB and then have user of each device one after other individually install MAP, restore the DB, then scan their device  and repeat the backup process and pass it on until all are scanned. (I know - crazy)!!

Good Luck.

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 6:31 PM