MS Outlook Archive pasword RRS feed

• Question

• A user has set a password for his mail archive, but now has forgotten it, How could I reset a password set for a user's archive in Outlook 2016?
    Thursday, November 9, 2017 5:37 PM

Answers

• I get it!, many thanks
    • Marked as answer by Navy_ICS Monday, November 13, 2017 2:39 PM
    Monday, November 13, 2017 2:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm afraid that we cannot reset the PST password if you have forgotten it. 

Microsoft has added password protection capability to many features in Office programs to help prevent unauthorized access to important information. If you are unable to access information because you do not know the correct password, please realize that:

Microsoft support professionals cannot assist you, under any circumstances, in the breaking of passwords applied to files and features in Microsoft programs.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, November 14, 2017 1:28 AM
    Friday, November 10, 2017 6:31 AM
  • I get it!, many thanks
    • Marked as answer by Navy_ICS Monday, November 13, 2017 2:39 PM
    Monday, November 13, 2017 2:38 PM
  • You're welcome. By the way, could you help mark the reply that helps as the answer so that other community members who are encountering a same issue could benefit from it? Thank you for the understanding.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Steve Fan Tuesday, November 14, 2017 2:54 AM
    Tuesday, November 14, 2017 1:28 AM