Single Edge pool with Multiple S4B sites RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All, 

is it possible to publish multiple sip domain with multiple pool using a single edge pool?

i have S4B Infrastructure configured as follows

Site A, Pool 1, having 2 FE ent  servers and 2 Edge servers. Users with sip domain abc.com is registered on this pool, users are able access S4b from internal network , mobile and External network

Site B, Pool2, having 1  FE servers, users with domain xyz.com registered on this pool, the domain xyz.com is not published on internet.

we are planning to publish domain xyz.com to internet, is it possible to  publish xy.com domin users on pool 2  trough the existing edge server, also i it possible to use mobility features for users using existing reverse proxy?

or do we need to create a separate edge pool for the SITE B ?

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 8:35 PM

All replies

• Hi There. Yes you can use the existing edge pool. If you site B is in another country or region you can also use another edge pool there. For federation only one edge pool will be used, but traffic will then direct via the other edge pool for users homed on the fe pool associated with that edge pool.
    • Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Thursday, April 27, 2017 8:32 AM
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 9:32 PM
  • Hi sarmakumar,

Agree with danielategan, you could publish multiple sip domain with multiple pool using a single edge pool.

I will share the following link to deploy Edge server
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn933903.aspx

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, May 8, 2017 9:07 AM
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 9:29 AM