none
Project Server 2010 :- Add Search project functionality in Project Center like project server 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

Can some one advise me how I can enable search functionality in project center like project server 2007. currently i am using project server 2010. I am not sure if there is any out of box feature. 

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 3:35 PM

Answers

• Nitin --

I really liked the Search feature in Project Server 2007 in the Project Center, but this feature has been removed in Project Server 2010 and 2013.  The best you can do is to click the Filter pick list, choose the Custom Filter item, then build and apply your own custom filter.  This will show you the list of all projects that meet your filter criteria.  I use this feature all the time, as it is a quick way to find a particular project in a list of over 1000 projects.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 3:48 PM

All replies

• Nitin --

I really liked the Search feature in Project Server 2007 in the Project Center, but this feature has been removed in Project Server 2010 and 2013.  The best you can do is to click the Filter pick list, choose the Custom Filter item, then build and apply your own custom filter.  This will show you the list of all projects that meet your filter criteria.  I use this feature all the time, as it is a quick way to find a particular project in a list of over 1000 projects.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 3:48 PM
  • Thanks Dale,

Is there any help full link which shows customize solution for add this functionality in project center.

Thanks

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 4:04 PM
  •  I believe Dale was referring to using the "Filter" option within Project Center. The filter you build there is retained until you clear your browser cache or the admin changes the view settings.

A somewhat more complex and technical solution here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/chrisfie/archive/2010/07/09/search-project-server-2010-data-using-sharepoint-bcs-and-fast-search.aspx

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 5:41 PM