none
Workflow Not appearing after Migration PS 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I have recently done a 2010 Migration from one instance to other. Everything was seems to look migrated successfully.

But when I tried to create a new project using an EPT with workflow, it was taking unnecessarily a long time to open, and then will throw a message that told me to look at Queues for the error.

The error in Queue Jobs were as follows

1. Exception Starting Workflow: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

2. WorkflowCannotStartWorkflow (35100).

3. GeneralQueueJobFailed (26000)

I checked the 'Workflow Settings'. There my workflows were visible but when I clicked on any workflow I got the following error 'An unexpected error has occurred.

Please help me on this issue urgently, in need.?

Manish

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 12:34 PM

Answers

• Dear Manish,

It seems like your workflow is de-attached from your Enterprise Project Type, double check the EPT in workflow section of server setting, sometime it looks like attached but when you will open EPT it will show empty workflow.

Hope this will help,

let me know if you require further clarification.

Regards,

Avinash kumar | Blog:http://avigr8.wordpress.com

Thursday, December 27, 2012 8:48 PM

All replies

• Urgent Update============

I tried to deploy the MSDN Dynamic Workflow using PS2010 Solution Starter. When I try to deploy the Solution Starter using Powershell; it is giving me the following error

The local farm is not accessible. Cmdlets with FeatureDependencyId are not registered.

Manish

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 12:39 PM
  • You should check the Workflow history pages for more info:
    - Go to Site Actions, View All Site Content, Site Workflows, Show All Workflows, and in the table below you should see a list of running workflows, and some errors error. If you click on an error, it should give you more information about what went wrong
    - Go to Site Actions, View All Site Content, there is a list called Project Server Workflow History, if you open it and sort it by date descending, you should also see the latest workflow errors.

www.umt.com | www.umtprojectessentials.com

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 2:05 PM
  • Hi Catalin

Thanks. But my team decided to create the workflows manually itself. so we created new workflows and deployed them. on our projects. It was an unsuccessful attempt.

So now again looking at the migration. Will let you know if again encounter the same problem.

Manish

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 6:52 AM
  • Still, the 2 pages I referenced should give you more detailed information on why your workflows are failing.

www.umt.com | www.umtprojectessentials.com

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 6:56 PM
  • Dear Manish,

It seems like your workflow is de-attached from your Enterprise Project Type, double check the EPT in workflow section of server setting, sometime it looks like attached but when you will open EPT it will show empty workflow.

Hope this will help,

let me know if you require further clarification.

Regards,

Avinash kumar | Blog:http://avigr8.wordpress.com

Thursday, December 27, 2012 8:48 PM