BSOD Reference_By_Pointer Error Msg (Windows 7 Enterprise) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello:

We have a Dell OptiPlex 790 and trying to image this computer.  I ran a diagnostic tool (from Dell) and it passed with flying colors.  Is there a work around for this? 

Thank you

Thursday, July 2, 2015 7:23 PM

All replies

•  
    We do need the actual log files (called a DMP files) as they contain the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.  

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer. They can be found here
    If you have any questions about the procedure please ask

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Thursday, July 2, 2015 7:36 PM
  • Hello:

I don't have access to One-Drive.  It is restricted. Can I email you the dmp file?

Monday, July 6, 2015 11:24 AM
  • You can use any file sharing service.  I do not usually allow attachments via email for obvious reasons

Monday, July 6, 2015 11:43 AM
  • I think I did this link correct DMP File
    Monday, July 6, 2015 8:44 PM
  • These crashes were related to memory corruption (probably caused by a driver). 

Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.  Please run verifier first.  You do not need to run memtest yet unless verifier does not find the cause, or you want to.

If you are over-clocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
    In other words STOP!!!  If you do not know what this means you probably are not

1-Driver verifier (for complete directions see our wiki here)

2-Memtest. (You can read more about running memtest here)

Monday, July 6, 2015 10:51 PM