Importing registry settings for use with outlook 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• heres the situation,

We are testing outlook virtualized, and we have an impending refresh of our users PC's. They will be moving from XP to 7.

I scripted a solution to backup all of our users PST's to a server. And in that script i also have it export all of the users current outlook settings to a .reg file.

If i load those registry settings onto the windows 7 machine, virtual outlook doesnt see the local entries.

Is there a way to have virtual outlook look at the machines local registry, or a way to import those registry entries into the users virtual registry?

Thanks in advance
    -Chris

Monday, December 7, 2009 6:53 PM

Answers

• Hello,

See this for script-possibilities;
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939085

What happens is that there probably is a key-virtualized set to not merge with the local key and has overriding values that already exist in the bubble...

/Znack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Wednesday, December 9, 2009 6:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Chris Hunerberg Monday, January 4, 2010 3:51 PM
    Monday, December 7, 2009 8:33 PM

All replies

• Hello,

See this for script-possibilities;
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939085

What happens is that there probably is a key-virtualized set to not merge with the local key and has overriding values that already exist in the bubble...

/Znack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Wednesday, December 9, 2009 6:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Chris Hunerberg Monday, January 4, 2010 3:51 PM
    Monday, December 7, 2009 8:33 PM
  • If you are open for commercial solutions, some "Profile Management" or "Profile Virtualization" solutions might be an option.
    I know from AppSense and Immidio that they do support classical and virtual setting migrations.

Falko
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 2:57 PM
  • to follow up on this, we ended up just going with a non virtual office package as we had come across one too many issues. I wrote a script to export profile in reg then import it on new win7 machine.

Hopefully when we move to office2010 we wont have to re-visit this issue :P.

Monday, January 4, 2010 3:53 PM