Memorex TRAVELDRIVE 005B (4GB) driver wont load RRS feed

• Question

• Ok so I bought this flash drive because I have a vista laptop, and the packaging says VISTA READY.  So i got to install it and there are NO drivers for it at all anywhere....  Called memorex tech support they said the drivers "should" be there it has to be a problem with vista.... so I called microsoft that they say that memorex has not made any drivers yet....  WTF how's it gonna say vista ready and it doesn't work, I know it not just my laptop, I have tried it on 3 other VISTA OS

Anybody find a find for this???

thanks

dave

Saturday, August 18, 2007 12:19 AM

All replies

• Driver support for this is inbox. See if you have usbstor.inf in the C:\windows\inf directory. If it's not present, do a search for it on your system from the root directory

c:\dir usbstor.inf /s.

Where ever the file is found, copy it back to the C:\Windows\inf directory and restart (else get a copy of the file from another Vista system). After getting to the desktop plug in your thumb drive.

Saturday, August 18, 2007 4:46 AM
  • Did find that exact filename and it is already in the directory.  No other copies in any directory with that exact name.  Do I need to return your product?

Thursday, October 4, 2007 8:15 PM
  • I downloaded and copied the usbstor.inf file into C:\Windows|inf and rebooted my Windows® 98 SE

The "call" screen displayed Travel Drive USB and loaded Windows® 98 SE OK

I go to My Computer and there is NO drive for the USB.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

J.R.

Monday, January 21, 2008 4:42 PM