missing personal archive from exchange 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! Found a problem after a user migrates from office 2010 to 2016, the personal archive folder created in exchange version 2010 disappeared (I mean the archive subfolder at the mailbox). But when you start "outlook.exe /safe", the archive appears for 10-20 seconds, while you can read the messages. I did not find anything useful in the event viewer, I checked it on windows 7 x64 pro and windows 10 x64 pro. In OWA and outlook 2010, everything works fine.
    btw reinstalling the office package does not help.
    Thanks for the help in advance!
    Wednesday, November 27, 2019 3:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you talking about the Archive folder appeared automatically after you configured your account on Outlok client?

In this situation, please try searching for the messages in the Archive folder and see if you can get them.

>>But when you start "outlook.exe /safe", the archive appears for 10-20 seconds.

The problem may be likely with one of your add-ins. You'll need to disable all add-ins after restarting Outlook in normal mode, and then enable them one by one to figure out the problematic one. 

Besides, please try creating and using a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail > Show profile and see if there is any difference.

You can also run "outlook.exe /resetfolders" to restores missing folders for the default delivery location.

In addition, it is also suggested to check if you can see the Archive folder in MFCMAPI or if it has been hiden.
    (Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 28, 2019 3:12 AM
  • Thanks for the answer!
    yes, an archive that is configured on the exchange server and appears automatically as a second mailbox with the name "online archive -  USERNAME"

(https://eightwone.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/image5.png example on link)

Searching for archive messages does not work when it disappears

Tried now:

/ resetfolders
    disabled all add-ons (on different versions of windows)
    created a new profile "Control Panel> Mail"

none of this helped, but now everything works on the office version 2013

In MFCMAPI I did not find the inbox folder of the online archive, but for example there is a folder of synchronization errors from the archive. But there are no hidden folders.

I correctly understand that if OWA displays the mailbox correctly, then the problem is in the office version? Maybe there are some problems due to differences between 2010 Exchange server and 2016 office?

Thursday, November 28, 2019 8:23 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply. You are saying Online Archive.

According to my research, the Online Archive feature requires you to either use the ProPlus version Office 365 or a Volume License (Enterprise) edition. The Personal edition is not supported as it is not intended for commercial usage and the Online Archive feature is a feature that is only available within enterprises.

So please check the version of your Outlook 2016. A Enterprise edition Office 2016 is required.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 29, 2019 8:08 AM
  • Thanks for the help

First, I did not understand the differences between standard edition and enterprise except for the licensing method. 
    Secondly, now installed office 2016 version standart and most likely VL. (one serial number on many computers) 
    And a little did not understand why you wrote about the 2019 version

• Edited by Wakumba Friday, November 29, 2019 12:22 PM
    Friday, November 29, 2019 9:11 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

>> now installed office 2016 version standart and most likely VL. 

I suggest you try these steps and check the Office product information in your PC:

1. Open Command Prompt by typing CMD in the Start menu or taskbar search box and then pressing Enter key.
    2. In the Command Prompt, type the following command and press Enter key. If Office 32-bit is installed on 64-bit Windows, please type the following command and then press Enter key. cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16 Or If Office 32-bit is installed on 32-bit Windows, please execute the following command. cd C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16 Or If Office 64-bit is installed on 64-bit Windows, type the following key and then press Enter key. cd C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16
    3. Type the following command to view the status of your Office 365 activation. cscript ospp.vbs /dstatus As you can see in the picture below, if the copy is activated, you will see Licensed next to License Status and Product information.

Please provide me with the screenshoot of your test results.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 9:54 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Monday, December 9, 2019 9:24 AM
  • Sorry for delay, pic below. Seems it VL?

Thursday, December 12, 2019 11:37 AM