none
BMR on SQL Server. RRS feed

• Question

• DPM 2010

I need to be able to have BMR recovery on a SQL server. I have SQL auto protection working fine on the server. I have created a new BMR protection group for this server, but when the job starts all volumes are selected including the app drive containing all of the SQL DB's. I would prefer not to duplicate these files as this will use a lot of diskspace.

I would like the ability to recover the server with all setting except the SQL DB files. Is there a way of achiving this.

Thank you

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 3:28 PM

Answers

• DPM 2010

I need to be able to have BMR recovery on a SQL server. I have SQL auto protection working fine on the server. I have created a new BMR protection group for this server, but when the job starts all volumes are selected including the app drive containing all of the SQL DB's. I would prefer not to duplicate these files as this will use a lot of diskspace.

I would like the ability to recover the server with all setting except the SQL DB files. Is there a way of achiving this.

Thank you

Hi Ccboyno,

Try the -exclude switch on the wbadmin.exe command. You have to modify the Bmrbackup.cmd on the DPM server to change this. See this link for more detailed instructions: http://scdpm.blogspot.com/2011/11/bare-metal-recovery-bmr-option-in-dpm.html

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.dpm2010.com

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 5:19 AM