none
Port requirement for execute remote PowerShell command in Lync

Question

• Hi

I am deploying a new server which will be used to execute PowerShell command remotely against Lync.

This server is in different network and behind firewall and need to know the port requirement to run the commands successfully.

Saturday, October 27, 2012 6:03 AM

All replies

• Port 443 is required opened to execute Powershell command.

Here is a blog about Microsoft Lync Remote PowerShell Administration you can refer to.

Monday, October 29, 2012 7:42 AM
  • The above link explain how to run Lync  commands if you don’t have Lync powershell installed

But in my case lync PowerShell is installed and I am able to type get-csxxx, set-csxx, …. Etc,

but the following result are coming

Get-CsUser : A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible.

Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured

to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Couldnot open a connection to SQL Server)

At line:1 char:11

+ Get-CsUser <<<<  XXXX

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-CsUser], SqlConnectionExc

eption

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Rtc.Common.Data.SqlConnectionException

,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.AD.Cmdlets.GetOcsUserCmdlet

I want to make sure is there any port required to be open other than Database port

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 6:32 AM
  • I'm also looking for that information.  I face the same problem

Jakke

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:20 PM
  • To my knowledge this is depended of the hosted SQL instance (default or named)

For default it should be: TCP port 1433 (SQL Server Service)
    For named it should be: create a port exeption for the TCP port Lync server SQL server service listen to  (to find this port you need to check this on the SQL)
                                          - create a port exeption for UDP 1434 for SQL Browser Service

• Proposed as answer by Jan Aarts Thursday, November 15, 2012 9:37 AM
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 9:33 AM
  • HI,

Please suggest if anyone knows fix of this issue ?

-James

-James

Monday, May 8, 2017 1:41 PM