App-V Hotfix for Black Screen upon login (Article 2590550) RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys, we had an issue as described in the article number listed in the title whereby once a Windows 7 PC hit the desktop after login it would only show a black screen with a notification balloon to say services had failed to start. Here is the link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2590550

Anyway, my question is this - I have started deploying App-V 4.6 SP2 as standard on our Windows 7 build - I assumed the above hotfix would be included... however... after building several PCs and logging in I have encountered the dreaded black screen as above.

Can I assume then the above hotfix is not included? Are hotfixes not included because its only recommended to install them when you encounter the issue specified? Or is the hotfix included and I am facing another issue?

Thanks in advance.

Monday, January 21, 2013 4:58 PM

Answers

• That's a Windows hotfix, not an App-V client hotfix. You'll have to include that hotfix separately in your build.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Marked as answer by SMckenz Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:05 AM
    Monday, January 21, 2013 5:59 PM

All replies

• That's a Windows hotfix, not an App-V client hotfix. You'll have to include that hotfix separately in your build.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Marked as answer by SMckenz Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:05 AM
    Monday, January 21, 2013 5:59 PM
  • Hey Aaron, thanks for the clarification - much appreciated.
    Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:04 AM