none
Missing site addresses on Connected SharePoint Sites page RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I am currently having issues with the Connected SharePoint Sites page in Project Server 2013 on prem.  The installation is set to create new sites automatically upon first publish of a project.  Within the Connected SharePoints Sites page many of the Project Names have a blank Site Address field.  I can go the to Project Center click on any of the projects missing a Site Address and click on the Project Site button in the ribbon and get to the project site.  There are currently no errors being thrown, at least that I can clearly identify, to indicate an issue with this PDP.

I have two questions:

1) Is there a way to re-populate this list using a script so that all Projects have their corresponding Site Address?  Manually is not really an option there are just too many. 

2) What effect does this missing data have on the PWA instance?

Installation info:

App Server: MS Server 2008 R2 SP1, Sharepoint Enterprise 2013 SP1, Project Server 2013 SP1  Dec2014 CU applied

SQL Server: MS SQL 2008 R2

I appreciate your help.

Brian

Thursday, January 15, 2015 4:28 PM

All replies

• Brian,

Have you tried republihsing the projects that do not have the connected sites populated?

If that works, then may be you could do a bulk publish of all the projects?

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Friday, January 16, 2015 8:44 PM
  • I would first validate that the sites are still in the site collection (us PowerSHell) and make note of the URL for the site. The original URL is important if you tear down and rebuild your site. 

If everything is ok, then first I would work and see if I can get the BULK PUBLISH to update the sites.   This works 90% of the time, but at times it doesn't. Then the following will fix it.  Very scary destroy and rebuild, but this often will get your links back.

If all that fails, then I would tear down and rebuild my project server site.

1) Backup all your databases and server environments

1) De-provision PWA

2) Delete the web app but do not delete the databases

3) Recreate the web app and use the same URL name as you had in when verifying that the PWA sites are still there.  (Got to use PowerShell for his)

4) Provision PWA.  The sites will be there if you use the same URL names.

5) Use Alternate Access Methods (AAM) to get your URLs back to what they were original.

CHeers!

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Friday, January 16, 2015 10:55 PM
  • Hi Brian,

As Michael mentioned, I would check first if the sites are still in the site collection. Then if the bulk publish doesn't help, I would try re-provisioning the PWA (edit the PWA instance on the service application page) and then check if the sites are there. if not, re-publish couple of projects and check if everything is back to normal

Paul

Saturday, January 17, 2015 6:19 PM
  • Michael,

Can you point me to instructions for using Powershell to re-create a site?  I have never used Powershell before to do this.

Thanks,

Brian

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 2:02 PM