none
Reports in Project Online Pro RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Ultimately, I'm trying to view the data I have in timesheets in a Report in Project Online pro. But at present I cannot even see any data in the standard Reports that are accessed by following the Reports link on the left menu list.   Is there a connection I need to set up? 

I have created a number of projects that I can see on the projects page, but these do not show in the reports.

Hope someone can help.

Regards

Paul

PMO Getech

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 11:16 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi, have you reviewed this thread?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/863d0513-1c4d-451a-9817-b1ca102a6e29/reports?forum=projectonline  

Please be aware any reports you create in the Project Client are specific to that project only, and will not be available through the standard reports from the menu in PWA.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 11:23 AM
  • Hi

Yes, I've activated that feature. I've then opened the report in Excel, desktop, Do I need to refresh the Data Connection from there?

Thanks
    Paul

PMO Getech

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 11:30 AM
  • Hi, yes I would click on the refresh data button - this will tell you whether you have access to the data (you need to be a portfolio viewer permission at least.  Also a fairly modern version of Excel is req'd.

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 11:32 AM
  • OK, great, that worked with some connections that were already there. I can now access the report online.

Now I want to build a new report that looks at Timesheet data. I've created a new Excel in the reports area, opened it in Excel desktop and nhave set up the OData feed. I've connected to PWA and selected the data types and created a pivot table of timesheet data.

Can I check this will pull in data from all projects within the PWA?

Thanks

Paul

PMO Getech

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 12:07 PM
  • Yes, it will pull in all data by default.

• Marked as answer by PaulEast77 Tuesday, September 12, 2017 2:08 PM
    Tuesday, September 12, 2017 12:11 PM
  • Thanks Ben, really helpful!

PMO Getech

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 2:08 PM