none
Need Help Mapping Project Server 2003 to 2010 Fields in MSP_Tasks Table RRS feed

• Question

• In 2003, the MSP_Tasks table includes the following fields:

Task_Base_Start

Task_Base_Finish

Task_Base_Work

In 2010, I cannot determine what fields are used to track this information.  The fields either do not exist (which I can't believe) or they have been renamed in the MSP_Tasks table (part of the "Published" database).

If you know what the new fields are, please let me know.

Also, is there a reference that provides explanations for the information stored in each field?  Some field names are obvious but a good number are not.  Knowing what each field contains is critical for Business Intelligence mapping purposes.

Thank you.

Mike

Michael Derk
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 3:23 PM

Answers

• mderk:

I don't have the reference in front of me, but some of these are renamed in 2010 to "Estimated."

What used to be Baseline Start is now Baseline Estimated Start, and likewise Baseline Estimated Finish and Baseline Estimated Duration. I do not believe that the Baseline Work field was renamed. This change was made to accomdate manually scheduled tasks.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    • Marked as answer by mderk Friday, July 15, 2011 11:29 AM
    Monday, June 13, 2011 2:30 PM

All replies

• Hello Michael

There is a Project server 2003 SDK and Project Server 2010 SDK that provides documentation about database tables and column names.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms512767.aspx

Cheers

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 3:31 PM
  • I did look at the SDK and found listings of tables and column names but no descriptions of what each was meant to contain.  Nor did I find anything that indicated that a 2003 column name "FRED" is now "BARNEY" in 2010.

I'll look again, in case I missed it.

Thanks, Michael.

Michael Derk
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 3:51 PM
  • mderk:

I don't have the reference in front of me, but some of these are renamed in 2010 to "Estimated."

What used to be Baseline Start is now Baseline Estimated Start, and likewise Baseline Estimated Finish and Baseline Estimated Duration. I do not believe that the Baseline Work field was renamed. This change was made to accomdate manually scheduled tasks.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    • Marked as answer by mderk Friday, July 15, 2011 11:29 AM
    Monday, June 13, 2011 2:30 PM