BSOD, related to IDSVia64.sys RRS feed

• Question

•  I am running Windows 10 on a year and a half old Dell XPS Desktop and had a "DRIVER IRQL LESS OR EQUAL"  Blue Screen with 'IDSVia64sys' as the source. This was the first error of it's kind for this computer, it doesn't crash in safe mode but will last only about 20 minutes operating normally. I haven't made any changes, installed or uninstalled any programs. So it could be an update fighting with a driver but I haven't been able to track it down.

Tried SFC scan, found nothing. Also tried "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" as I read in another post but got an error message. Tried using Dell Support to look for out of date drivers, all drivers are up to date. Also have also tried both system restore and system reset (which removed Norton which seems to be where many online credit this problem) with no success.

Not extremely savvy so I may be missing the obvious source.  

Any guidance would be extremely helpful.

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 8:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>Blue Screen with 'IDSVia64sys' as the source.
    I want to confirm with you if you had installed any protection/anti-virus software? 

If so, please disable/uninstall this software, re-start system and check the result.

I had found an article about “Crash with error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (IDSVia64.sys) on Endpoint Protection systems”, just for your reference:
    https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH240801.html

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 19, 2018 9:12 AM