Documents neither editable nor check-in/out in MOSS 2007 site RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

One of our business user is facing issue in MOSS 2007 site. He couldn't able to edit/check-in/check-out documents in the document library even though he's having 'Contribute' permissions to the library.

It didn't even show any error message. The user is using IE11 for his operations so I suggested to turn on 'Compatibility View' and check the same. But it didn't work out.

Is there any other possible solution to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Kunal

Friday, May 22, 2015 2:44 AM

All replies

• Hello,

It seems that problem with IE add-on. Have you asked him to try in different browser or legacy IE version?

BTW i have found this similar thread:

http://superuser.com/questions/529916/problems-opening-sharepoint-document-checked-out-but-opening-from-temp-folder

Hemendra:Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see<br/> Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help

Monday, May 25, 2015 8:25 AM
  • Hi Hemendra,

Thanks for the response. I've suggested to check in IE 8/9 where the features are compatible. But our business user checked with his colleagues and they are good with their activities in IE 11.

Thanks,

Kunal

Monday, May 25, 2015 2:04 PM
  • Check the IE add-on as suggested in link.

Hemendra:Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see<br/> Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 9:22 AM