Not All Temporary Files are Displaying in Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings - not sure if I'm in the right forum, but hope someone can help me with the following:

How do I see all files in the Internet Temporary Files folder?  In XP, I was able to view all kinds of temporary files - under IE8, I clicked on Tools,  Internet Options, Browsing History, Files to see these.  Now, Windows 7 only shows a limited amount of files.  I have ensured that I'm running on an administrator account, and have enabled the "view hidden files and folders" as well as unchecked a couple of boxes which this forum has suggested.  I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and am logged in with administrator privileges.

Thank you.

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP Sunday, December 19, 2010 11:09 AM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Security)
    Sunday, December 19, 2010 9:02 AM

Answers

• YOu have more locations, because of the Integrity Levels. When you run the with LowIL (protected Mode ) the files are here:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low

otherwise they are here:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files

André

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, December 27, 2010 1:02 AM
    Monday, December 20, 2010 2:50 PM

All replies

• check the temp folder.

Its location may changed to any recent internet explorer installations.

Monday, December 20, 2010 11:35 AM
  • YOu have more locations, because of the Integrity Levels. When you run the with LowIL (protected Mode ) the files are here:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low

otherwise they are here:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files

André

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, December 27, 2010 1:02 AM
    Monday, December 20, 2010 2:50 PM