Maximized windows ignore custom colour of text in title bar. Also hard to read title bar text. RRS feed

• Question

• You know the title bar right? It's a dark blue colour under Windows XP and runs along the top of each window/program.

I have it configured to be Size 10, Dark Blue and Bold.

Under Windows 7 I have changed the colour of the text to Dark Blue to make it slightly easier to read as I have a black wallpaper. When I have a window that is "RestoreDown" it will show the title bar with the colour I assigned however when maximizing the window the text changes to Black.

Photobucket

Also note: title bar text in general, is hard to read unless I choose an obnoxious highly distracting colour. Please add customizable white glow around title bar text as I would like to make this glow brighter.

Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Mother Board | 6 gig DDR3 1600 RAM | 2x 500g SATA2 HDD | Integrated sound | Gainward Geforce 250gts "Deep Green" 1024MB PCI-E (latest drivers) | Windows 7 Home Premium x64 | Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case.
    Saturday, November 20, 2010 7:03 AM

All replies

• I've also noticed you can't adjust things like the colour intensity or brightness etc. for inactive Aero windows. You can customize such things for Aero Basic themes however. I suggest adding such functionality to allow us to make themes better suited to us.

Anyways, any "Solid" desktop wallpaper colour makes titlebars hard to read, this bold blue text alternative makes it better without being eye catching but it can still be improved by giving us control over the white glow behind text.

Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Mother Board | 6 gig DDR3 1600 RAM | 2x 500g SATA2 HDD | Integrated sound | Gainward Geforce 250gts "Deep Green" 1024MB PCI-E (latest drivers) | Windows 7 Home Premium x64 | Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case.
    Saturday, November 20, 2010 8:22 AM