none
Enterprise Calendar - Preview 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• We use Project Online with Project Professional Pro 2013 and am now unable to edit the enterprise calendar.

When I try to edit or create an enterprise calendar from PWA | Enterprise Calendars (Usine IE 11), it errors with 'Project cannot open the file.' twice then after a delay another message pops up that says 'You need to have Microsoft Project Professional 2016 Preview installed and configured to connect to a profile for this Project Web App site.'

In PWA | Additional Server Settings,  I have allowed Project versions '15.0.4128.1014' and above.  My Project Professional Version is '15.0.4569.1504'.

I seem to be capable of saving project files to the project online server fine, though.

Please help.

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 4:17 PM

All replies

• Hello,

This is an issue already raised at Microsoft support level, wait and see.

On the meantime it seems you can test to disable Protected Mode for the Internet-level security setting and then restart IE. Seems it worked for someone on MS support, but not for me.

Jeremy

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 8:11 PM
  • I saw this a while ago.  Are you using MS Project to log into multiple tenants?

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 8:43 PM
  • Hello,

Got infos from MVP's distribution list, can you try this workaround while MS is working on a solution:

1)      Say the Project Server instance I need is http://mycomputing.com/pwa
    2)      Boot Project
    3)      File -> Info -> Manage Accounts -> Add -> name = My Computing, url = http://mycomputing.com/pwa
    4)      Ok
    5)      OK
    6)      Close Project
    7)      Boot Project connected to that new account
    8)      Boot IE
    9)      Navigate to http://mycomputing.com/pwa
    10)   Gear -> PWA Settings
    11)   Enterprise Calendars
    12)   Select a calendar
    13)   Click Edit
    14)   Microsoft Project is activated and shows the UI for editing the calendar

• Proposed as answer by Jeremy Cottino Wednesday, July 29, 2015 7:49 AM
    Wednesday, July 29, 2015 7:49 AM
  • Hello,

I am having the same issue.  I have my pwa URL set as my default account in MS Project 2016.  I also use my default pwa url when starting MS Project 2016.  My Project Web App Account in MS Project is linked to Project Online.  I log out and log back in.

I then go into my PWA site, click tools, and Enterprise Calendars.

Then select Standard and click edit.  I still get the same error "...Microsoft Project Professional 2016 installed and configured to connect to a profile for this Project Web App site...."

I am using O365, Project Online 2013 and MS Project 2016.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can't properly measure resource allocation if I don't know what days they are/are not working :).

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 3:42 PM
  • I tried this today on a tenant where I could not edit the enterprise calendar.  I connected and opened MS Project and then initiated used Internet Explorer (not Edge) to initiate editing the calendar.  Using Chrome didn't work.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 8:03 PM
  • Thank you!  I am using IE Explorer, IE 11.  I am not using Edge (although it is installed on computer. I did read that security settings, even in IE Explorer may have an impact.  If this is true, I am not sure what settings need to be adjusted (I may have to ask for specific permissions to adjust to certain levels). 

Any thoughts on this?

Thank you!

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 8:13 PM