none
Using different Time Tracking Methond than the FORCED default RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am very new to Project Server 2010.  I am in charge of a Project Server 2010 PWA.  I have a Project Manager who needs to use the non default (and forced) method of time tracking.  In our organization we have "Hours of Work Done per Week" Tracking method enabled and FORCED.  I have a request from a specific PM requesting the ability to change his one project (working with outside consultants) to Percent of Work Complete. How do I allow that one Project Manager to choose to use a different time tracking mehtod for one project, while I have the FORCE setting enabled?

Thank you all in advance.

Cheers!

Thursday, April 11, 2013 4:01 PM

All replies

• I am Frank --

I have some bad news for you, my friend:  you cannot specify a method of tracking that is specific to one project or to one project manager.  The settings you specify in PWA for the default method of tracking progress apply to all PMS and every project.  You do have the option not to force the default method of tracking progress on everyone, but this means that every PM could select the method of tracking they want to use, which results in chaos, especially for team members.  So, what your PM wants you to do cannot be done.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:47 PM