SharePoint 2010. Allow users to access Intranet site after authenticated by Active Directory RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a request from the team, to provide them a hyperlink which will end up access an intranet site. Existing intranet site should be access by the users who are already in active directory. so below is what it is in my mind

hyperlink-->Active Directory or ADFS login page --> Enter Login Credentials --> AD authenticate the credentials --> successful authenticated --> user able to access Sharepoint site

hyperlink-->Active Directory or ADFS login page --> Enter Login Credentials --> AD authenticate the credentials --> un-successful authenticated --> Error message

Please let me know if it is do able or if any one has worked on the similar objective... any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

SR

Saturday, June 10, 2017 10:00 PM

All replies

• thanks foe the information. i will review and get back to you. but just in short "Is it possible" ? :)
    Tuesday, June 13, 2017 6:03 PM
  • If I understood your requirements correctly what you need to create is a custom Login Page. On custom page you can have multiple choice to authenticate users from AD, FBA, ADFS and others. And this is very much doable.
    Tuesday, June 13, 2017 8:45 PM
  • i went through the document and they have asked to install ADFS within the Sharepoint server, is it possible that we use different server for ADFS and different for SharePoint?
    Thursday, June 15, 2017 2:45 PM
  • Yes, it's possible to have a separate ADFS server. I doubt having ADFS and SP exist on a single server work. I did this and used a dedicated server shared also for other applications.

Thursday, June 15, 2017 3:00 PM
  • let me try to explain again,

we already have a Sharepoint site, which is accessible with network, now we want that sharepoint site to be accessible out of network and authentication of user can be done by ADFS.

so we will introduce a hyperlink to our company internet website and when any user (who is active in Active Directory) click on the link should be asked to enter LAN credentials and after successful authentication the use should be able to access that specific sharepoint site.

Thursday, June 15, 2017 3:13 PM
  • Yes, this also possible. Hyperlink address should direct to authentication page and users will enter their preferred method.
    Thursday, June 15, 2017 4:02 PM