hang up randomly RRS feed

• Question

• my computer hang up randomly. Usually after few minutes of using. It occurs whenever some kind of a wink or a little flash on my screen shows, almost all programs won't work even the control+alt+delete. Though my mouse and my keyboard still working, I can't access any other programs. No BSOD is going in here. When I restart or shut down, It goes to a shutting more but that's it. It won't completely shut down or restart.

I check system devices - all were good

I check memory diagnostic - system passed

did a restoration, uninstalled a lot of programs - non helps

check hardware, software compatibility, updated system - still no good.

I already made a back up however, I still don't have any plans to do a factory restoration due some important programs that will be lost.

I'm running Win 7 Professional 32- Bit with 2 gigs of RAM

I just need to know what in the world is that wink or flashy thing that occurs in my screen.

Please respond

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 10:16 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Firstly, please running your security application to scan your system to check if it is Virus or Malicious Software.

Secondly, please boot into Clean Boot Modeto see if the issue will occur again.

If the issue won’t occur, the issue can be caused by third party applications. Please both check your programs and Startup items
    again.

If issue persists in Clean Boot Mode, can your determine which process occupies the most resources in task manager or resource monitor?

Also, please let us know more detailed information about the wink or flash. Does it in your Desktop or Taskbar? Can you take a screenshot of it?

Hope this helps.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, March 26, 2012 9:04 AM
    Friday, March 9, 2012 8:12 AM