Wiki and Blog Migration to SharePoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

We're planning to migrate our company wiki and blog to MS-SharePoint 2010.  Currently we're using Liferay, which is a MediaWiki platform and uses the Creole markup language.

Does anyone know of any good migration tools that can migrate the above?

Currently trying Metalogix, not having any luck.

Thanks,

Theo

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, May 26, 2011 10:04 AM "We're planning to migrate our company wiki and blog to MS-SharePoint 2010" so the question goes to a SP 2010 forum, doesn't it (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:18 PM

Answers

• I looked into this question a bit.

LifeRay does not currently support the MetaWebLog API--that's why the Blog and Wiki migration tool does not work. None of the content is actually retrieveable because it is generated by the server-side script and that's why a website migration tool doesn't work either.

HTH

- cawood

blog |  twitter

• Marked as answer by Chris Grist Saturday, April 7, 2012 9:00 AM
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 6:55 PM

All replies

• i know avepoint have a HTML converter, may be worth a trial of that
    Regards, Chris
    Saturday, May 28, 2011 10:15 AM
  • Metalogix has a tool built especially for that. contact Steven Cawood SharePoint MVP and also Director at Metalogix for more @cawood on twitter -- here is the link to the produt

http://www.metalogix.com/Products/Migration-Manager-for-SharePoint/Blogs-and-Wikis-Edition

no i am not a shill, but i love thier product :-)

Connect with Me!

Fabian G. Williams | Twitter @FabianWilliams | Blog http://www.sharepointfabian.com | Email: fabian@adotob.com

Adotob Logo

• Proposed as answer by gunnerdy Saturday, August 31, 2013 1:41 PM
    Sunday, May 29, 2011 12:06 AM
  • Hi, I already tried thr Metalogix.  Was ion the phone with thteir support for over an hour, couldn't get it to work.  The problem was that our Liferay wiki is all server-side php scripts, whcih their web tool can't crawl.

Too bad, it otherwise looks like cool tool.  Going to try the AvePoint product next, hopefully some success with that.

Thanks,

Theo

Monday, May 30, 2011 3:30 PM
  • You'll find the same problem. If a UI requires human interaction (e.g., clicking a link that then dynamically assembles the URL server-side), migration tools will not work. This is commonly associated with websites that use Java interfaces to run server-side code instead of displaying links when the page is assembled.

Blogs and wikis built using standard interfaces should work.

- cawood

blog |  twitter

• Edited by Cawood Wednesday, June 1, 2011 1:58 PM clarification
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 1:57 PM
  • I looked into this question a bit.

LifeRay does not currently support the MetaWebLog API--that's why the Blog and Wiki migration tool does not work. None of the content is actually retrieveable because it is generated by the server-side script and that's why a website migration tool doesn't work either.

HTH

- cawood

blog |  twitter

• Marked as answer by Chris Grist Saturday, April 7, 2012 9:00 AM
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 6:55 PM
  • Yeah, I was afraid of that.  Thanks for you help.

Theo

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 7:28 PM