none
Attched the new server i get this error Data Protection Manager Error ID: 308 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Guys

I try to install DPM agent on windows 2008 SP2 x64 from the DPM console, but no luck in finish with a error.

so i installed it from the client side manualy and it finsh with no errors ,but when i back to DPM console to attched the new server  i get this error below .

please can any one give some help on this issue ?

Protection agent version: 4.2.1312.0
    Error: Data Protection Manager Error ID: 308
    The protection agent operation failed because DPM could not communicate with the Protection Agent service on server.domain.local.
    Detailed error code: Not enough resources are available to complete this operation (0x800706B9)
    Recommended action: If you recently installed a protection agent on server.domain.local, the computer may be restarting. Wait a few minutes after restarting the computer for the protection agent to become available. If the problem persists, do the following:
    1) Verify that server.domain.local is remotely accessible from the DPM server.
    2) If a firewall is enabled on server.domain.local, verify that it is not blocking requests from the DPM server. 
    3) If server.domain.local is a workgroup server the password for the DPM user accounts may have changed or expired. To resolve this error, run SetDpmServer with the -UpdatePassword flag on the protected computer and Update-NonDomainServerInfo.ps1 on the DPM server.
    4) Restart the DPM Protection Agent service on frsvision.hazi.local. If the service fails to start, uninstall the protection agent by using Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel on frsvision.hazi.local. Then in the Management task area, on the Agents tab, in the Actions pane, click Install to reinstall the protection agent on server.domain.local.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 8:13 AM

All replies

• Have you check the firewall on the client and dpm server aren't blocking the ports used for the install ?

Cheers,

Andrew

MCSE, MCSA, VCP, CCNA, SNIA

Microsoft Infrastructure Consultant

Blog: Network Angel LinkedIn:

Note: Please remember to mark as "propose as answer" to help other members. Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 8:38 AM
  • yes i check it no firewall no block

i disable my antivirus

did telnet check

• Edited by Sunak Avi Tuesday, June 23, 2015 11:34 AM
    Tuesday, June 23, 2015 11:33 AM
  • Hi,

Did you run the installation with your dpm-server FQDN-name as a paramater?

If not, you will have to run the Setdpmserver.exe -dpmservername YourDPMServer.domain.local.
    This will open the necessary firewall rules between your production server and DPM-server

The .exe-file is located in the installation folder the DPM-agent: By default: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Data Protection Manager/DPM/Bin/.

Kind Regards
    Markus Eliasson

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 11:38 AM
  • yes i did it

i can see with netstat -n

that the connection is established in port 445 and 135 to the client IP

Thanks

Avi

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 11:45 AM