none
SharePoint 2016 When clicking on next page, filters, search functions but nothing happens

Question

• 

Hi!

I am having a problem with two users that has reported that they cant click on the "Next" page button on a SharePoint site. They can see it and once clicking it doesn't do anything. Same thing with the search function (if you add a search box to a list for example). Once typing in a search word and hitting enter the site reload quickly but doesn't do anything, same as before they tried to do a search. And the filter function too. When filter on a column in a list its just stats "Working on it..." and then deselect the filter by itself. Without even show the different types of filter options (have even tested with a smaller list, so its not a slow computer). I have talked with the users and even seen it first hand. Has anyone encounter this problem before? Is it a computer problem at the user side. Perhaps an installation? I would appreciate some help. A bit of background: I am a SharePoint user, not a programmer but I have built a lot of SharePoint sites. in this case the SharePoint site has around 800 users using it and I have only received that the two users has this problem. Which make me think it must be something on there end that is wrong. The users has windows 10 and internet explorer 11 same as me. We have also tried other web browsers with the same problems. The problem occurs the same way on different pages, lists and libraries. As those functions are Microsoft SharePoint standard and nothing I have messed with, makes me a bitt confused over the issue. Thank you for any help or tips. Best regards Tommy

Monday, September 3, 2018 6:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Tommy,

To troubleshoot the issue, check things below:

1. Clear IE cache.

2. Reset IE settings. Go to IE->internet options->advanced tab->reset.

3. Switch to other computers to check if the same issue will occur.

4. Remove and re-add the two users in SharePoint site.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, September 3, 2018 9:38 AM
  • Hi Tommy,

How is everything going?

Is there anything update about this issue?

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, September 7, 2018 5:10 AM
  • Hi sorry for the late reply vacation time and all. I am trying to get a hold on my user which experience this issue. But he is also on vacation. I will reply soon. Thank you for your help so far. And I hope this will solve it.

Best regards Tommy

Monday, September 10, 2018 12:50 PM
  • Hi sorry for the long response time.

I have now been able to reach the user and tested the suggestions you made. But still the same problem.

Do you have any "next" steps?

Best regards tommy

Wednesday, September 12, 2018 9:56 AM
  • Hi Tommy,

To troubleshoot the issue, check things below:

1. Check if there is error in the IE by using F12 developer tools. For more detailed information, refer to the article below.

F12 Developer Tools.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh772704(v=vs.85).aspx

2. If there is no custom code in the site, you could reset to site definition. Go to site definition->site action->reset to site definition.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Thursday, September 13, 2018 1:18 AM
  • Hi Tommy,

How is everything going?

Is there anything update about this issue?

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Friday, September 14, 2018 1:58 AM
  • Hi

1. I am not picking up any error messages.

2. I cannot reset the site, it is to important site to risk any downtime. But while all the other users are not experiencing any problem I don't believe it any custom coding that is the problem. It is just those two users. Any we don't have any custom code to my knowledge but I don't want to risk disturbing the uptime or changes to the site without well mead preparations and causes.

Thanks again for your support.

It is really a weird issue. only 2 in 800 users (give or take).

//Tommy

Monday, September 17, 2018 2:14 PM
  • Hi Tommy,

The workaround for the issue, I suggest you could create the new accounts for the two problematical users and delete the old accounts.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 10:11 AM