Outlook 2016/365 mismatch certificate warning RRS feed

• Question

• I have read through many articles about the issue with Outlook opening up a certificate mismatch warning. I have found reg key resolutions for Outlook 2010 and 2013 but for Outlook 2016, nothing besides Autodiscover A record, cname resolution.

I have a Comcast account, within Outlook I am setting it up the account as IMAP,

Incoming mail server: imap.comcast.net

Outgoing mail server: smtp.comcast.net

Use authentication, use same as incoming

Incoming mail: SSL: 993

Outgoing mail:TLS:465, 587 does not work?

Only on the users computer do I receive the certificate mismatch warring. The computer is running Windows 10 Pro. I can setup the account on same type of computer, Windows 10 Pro, Office 2016 installed from same 365 account using the same settings within Outlook without the certificate warring?

Any suggestions other than Comcast needs to change their A record?

• Moved by Perry-Pan Tuesday, November 27, 2018 2:57 AM
    Monday, November 26, 2018 5:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Cparas101,

>> Only on the users computer do I receive the certificate mismatch warring.

Does this issue happen to specific client?

How do you add this account to Outlook? Choose manually setting or use the auto-configuration dialog?

Do you mean that Outlook keeps asking for password? What’s the details of error message? Please paste here for further research.

Besides, when add this IMAP account, please also check Outgoing Server setting. Normally, we select to use same settings as my incoming mail server. You will find this option when clicking More Settings in Add Account window.

Do you have any anti-virus software running on this computer? If yes, please temporarily close them and then add the Comcast account again to see the results.

Besides, what’s the detailed version of Outlook 2016?

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, November 29, 2018 1:00 AM
    Tuesday, November 27, 2018 2:56 AM
  • Hi Cparas101,

Do you mean that Outlook keeps asking for credentials?

Any updates, please feel free to post here.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 5:18 AM
  • Hi Cparas101,

Are there any updates with this issue?

Was the reply helpful to you?

Regards,

Perry

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, December 3, 2018 6:56 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, December 3, 2018 6:56 AM
    Friday, November 30, 2018 5:40 AM
  • Hi Cparas101,

Have you found the fix?

Regards,

Perry

Monday, December 3, 2018 6:56 AM