none
Difference between MS Project server 2013 & MS Project Server 2013 PWA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I just want to clarify the difference between "MS Project Server 2013" and "MS Project Server 2013 PWA"?, Since I have roughly worked on MS Project Server 2010 and now a days exploring my self on MS Project Server 2013 PWA, which is quite different from MS Project Server 2010.

I hope MS Project Server 2013 PWA is not exactly similar then of MS Project Server 2010, Since there are lots of functionality missing or different.

I have asked to people is MS Project Server 2013 is similar to MS Project Server 2010?, then I have received answer as MS Project Server 2013 is came into different versions "MS Project Professional 2013" & "MS Project Server 2013 PWA (which is share point app mainly used for Project Online)" & also came to know that MS Project Professional 2013 is similar in working fashion to MS Project Server 2010 is it true?

Finally, I hope MS project server 2013 Professional edition is similarly works like MS project server 2010.
    & MS Project Server 2013 PWA(which is share point app mainly used for Project Online).

Request you to please clarify, your feedback's are highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
    Shridhar

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 6:34 AM

Answers

• Project Professional is the Project client that runs on your PC. It publishes the schedules to Project Server. This is the same for 2010 and 2013.

PWA is the web based client for Project Server. 2013 is slightly different from 2010. there is also a PWA 2013 light version that is for team members who only need to do task updates or timesheets. It has a great new low price, but not sure if its released yet (it was announced at the project conference in February).

Project Server is the background server that you either have on servers in your premises or hosted online as Project Online.

PWA is a SharePoint application (2010 and 2013).

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/project-server-help/whats-new-in-microsoft-project-server-2013-HA102848108.aspx

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 9:45 AM

All replies

• Project Professional is the Project client that runs on your PC. It publishes the schedules to Project Server. This is the same for 2010 and 2013.

PWA is the web based client for Project Server. 2013 is slightly different from 2010. there is also a PWA 2013 light version that is for team members who only need to do task updates or timesheets. It has a great new low price, but not sure if its released yet (it was announced at the project conference in February).

Project Server is the background server that you either have on servers in your premises or hosted online as Project Online.

PWA is a SharePoint application (2010 and 2013).

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/project-server-help/whats-new-in-microsoft-project-server-2013-HA102848108.aspx

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 9:45 AM
  • Hi Rod Gill,

I got my answer, from your above reply :)

Regards
    Shridhar

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 10:27 AM