How to enable SQL Replication Monitoring RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have SCOM 2007 r2 with SQL server MP version (6.1.400.0). we need to enable the SQL Replication Monitoring for all SQL Server 2005 and 2008.

we are testing with the SQL 2005 server first and if it works out we will start monitoring 2008 servers as well.

So I went to object discoveries and selected SQL Server 2005(discover replication components) and enabled the override value for specific server.

I also see the server in distributor state as healthy but it shows not monitored in publication, Publisher and Subscription state.

So I enabled the override in publication and publisher but still it shows as not monitored in the publication, Publisher and Subscription state.

can anyone please help me in enabling the monitor.. I have read and followed Cameron Fuller blog and is facing the same issue.

Am I mi sing anything or that the issue is with the MP version (6.1.400.0).

Hopefully waiting

Owais

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try the latest MP version, and read the SQLServerMPGuide.doc

System Center Management Pack for SQL Server

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=10631

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:48 PM
  • Hi,

I have checked with the new MP pack but it says it is only for SQL Server 2008 server only(Support for Mirroring and Replication Monitoring (only applicable to SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2 version of management pack) )

but we need to monitor both 2005 and 2008.

kindly help!!

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:25 AM
  • Hi,

Please see Cory Delamarter [MSFT] answer here:

http://microsoft.public.opsmgr.sql.narkive.com/sUoDDimX/replication-monitoring-not-working-for-scom-2007

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Tuesday, September 24, 2013 1:06 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Owais ko Tuesday, September 24, 2013 6:27 PM
    • Marked as answer by Owais ko Tuesday, September 24, 2013 6:28 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Owais ko Tuesday, September 24, 2013 6:28 PM
    Wednesday, September 11, 2013 7:45 PM