How to change the default left alignment setting in Word 2010 professional (personal use) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I use Word 2010 Professional for my personal use at home, and somehow the default setting for the left alignment in a new Word document has been changed to a hanging indent at .25.  So every time I open a new Word  document, the left margin has an indent setting.  I have to change it to 0.0 every time, which is annoying.

I've tried to go into the "Options" section, under "Custom Settings" to de-select an auto left margin indentation, but I can't seem to find an option to do that.  Can anyone please tell me how to change this setting in the master Word 2010 template, so that every time I open a new doc, the left side is aligned at the 1" margin with no hanging indent?

Thank you.

• Moved by Max Meng Thursday, January 5, 2012 1:30 AM Moving to a more appropriate forum (From:Office 2010 Setup and Deployment)
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 1:39 AM

Answers

• Page Layout-Page Setup-Margins-Custom Margins...-change your setting-Set As Default
    Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish
    • Marked as answer by David Wolters Wednesday, January 4, 2012 4:29 PM
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 2:37 AM

All replies

• Page Layout-Page Setup-Margins-Custom Margins...-change your setting-Set As Default
    Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish
    • Marked as answer by David Wolters Wednesday, January 4, 2012 4:29 PM
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 2:37 AM
  • Thank you, I was able to fix it!
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 4:05 AM
  • Thanks! I was wondering this and it actually worked
    Sunday, February 16, 2014 2:50 PM