Failure to Configure updates after 0% Install. Reverting Changes. Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I recently updated my computer to Windows 7. Whenever I try to update the computer, I, like others from these posts, get the failure to configure updates message. It reverts my changes after going to 0%. I did the cbs.log error lookup and found: 

Failed to process single phase execution. [HRESULT = 0x800f0816 - CBS_E_DPX_JOB_STATE_SAVED]

CBS    Failed disabling device installation. [HRESULT = 0x800705b4 - ERROR_TIMEOUT]

CBS    Failed to query DisableWerReporting flag.  Assuming not set... [HRESULT = 0x80070002 - ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND]

CBS    SQM: pre-reboot time performance datapoint is invalid. [HRESULT = 0x80070490 - ERROR_NOT_FOUND]

CBS    SQM: reboot time performance datapoint is invalid. [HRESULT = 0x80070490 - ERROR_NOT_FOUND]

CBS    Failed to query DisableWerReporting flag.  Assuming not set... [HRESULT = 0x80070002 - ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND]

SQM: pre-reboot time performance datapoint is invalid. [HRESULT = 0x80070490 - ERROR_NOT_FOUND]

SQM: reboot time performance datapoint is invalid. [HRESULT = 0x80070490 - ERROR_NOT_FOUND]

Failed to query DisableWerReporting flag.  Assuming not set... [HRESULT = 0x80070002 - ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND]

SQM: pre-reboot time performance datapoint is invalid. [HRESULT = 0x80070490 - ERROR_NOT_FOUND]

DriverUpdateEnableDeviceInstall failed [HRESULT = 0x800705b4 - ERROR_TIMEOUT]

Package does not have any install properties yet, ignoring any errors above and continuing.

These were most of the error messages that I saw on the log. A lot of the messages kept repeating until the final error message " Package does not have any install properties yet, ignoring any errors above and continuing."

What can I do to fix this? I will try to upload a copy of the log, as well.

Thanks,

Bryan

Friday, January 14, 2011 3:01 PM

Answers

• Actually, I tried this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336 

and I believe that was the solution.

I also tried downloading MSXML 4.0 SP3 manual update, but that did not run. So I must attribute it to the link above.

Thanks for your help!

• Marked as answer by Matzahbry Friday, January 14, 2011 8:21 PM
    Friday, January 14, 2011 8:21 PM

All replies