Office Pro Plus outlook configuration On Premise Exchange 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

We are unable to configure outlook profile for a mailbox on Exchange 2013.
    The outlook client used is part of office Pro Plus latest.
    We do nt have hybrid set up.
    The same mailbox if we try to configure on outlook 2013 std it configures without any issues.

Can Someone help me on this.

Regards,
    Mitesh Jain
    Thursday, January 18, 2018 11:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Mitesh,

Could you please elaborate more about what you exactly mean by "unable to configure outlook profile for a mailbox"?
    Do you mean you encountered problems when trying to adding an Exchange account to Outlook client?

What's the version of the Outlook client?
    Is there any error message? 

If you are using Outlook 2016, generally you just need to enter your email address, then select Connect to automatically add Exchange account to Outlook. 

If this is not your case, please feel free to post back with more details if you need further assistance on this issue.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, January 19, 2018 4:54 AM
  • Hi Mitesh,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. If there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:05 AM
  • Do you mean you encountered problems when trying to adding an Exchange account to Outlook client? YES

The version of office is office pro plus 2016.

On running fiddler we have seen that the outlook client tries to connect to Office 365 instead of local Exchange server.

Is there a manual way in which we can force the office pro plus client to connect to Exchange 2013 On Premise server.

Regards,

Mitesh Jain

Monday, February 5, 2018 6:52 AM
  • Hi Mitesh,

Thanks for the feedback.

According to your description, I am assuming that the problem might be related to a new feature Direct Connect to Office 365 added to Outlook 2016. 

Please try adding the registry key below to stop Outlook from checking Office 365 for settings and restart Outlook to see if it can fix the issue:

Important Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur. Please refer to this article about how to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\outlook\autodiscover
    DWORD: ExcludeExplicitO365Endpoint
    Value = 1

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Monday, February 5, 2018 7:23 AM