none
Psexec -c

Question

• I've been trying to use psexec to install some software remotely on a bunch of windows machines. However, the installation fails. Tech support for the software says that the installer needs read/write access to whatever directory the installer file is located.

When you use psexec -c, where does it copy the file to on the remote machine? Is there any way to give the computer read/write access to this folder? I can work around the issue, but I'm interested to know where the copied file actually goes to.

Many thanks,

Kip

Monday, March 6, 2006 2:16 AM

All replies

• Hello. Try to use this command to copy your exe file to c:\windows directory 

PsExec.exe -d -c \\remoteserver -u administrator -p password c:\executable.exe

Also try our free remote software Action1 to deploy software without using any specialized software deployment tools and acts similar installing software remotely using wmic, command line tools (such as if you installed software remotely with psexec) or PowerShell scripts to install software silently on multiple computers in your network. 

Thursday, January 10, 2019 10:56 AM