Can I disable an email address policy RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on a hybrid exchange environment which has exchange 2013 and office 365. we have some default email address policy. For testing I want to disable one of the email address policy which has been configured in on prem server. 

Is there any way I can disable (un-apply the policy not Delete)? Please assist.

Thursday, July 28, 2016 12:10 AM

Answers

• You can give its recipient filters or conditions so that it doesn't apply to anything.  But recipients that have had the policy applied won't be affected unless you apply the policy, in which case they may get another policy applied.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

• Proposed as answer by David Wang_ Thursday, July 28, 2016 6:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by David Wang_ Thursday, August 4, 2016 7:32 AM
    Thursday, July 28, 2016 1:34 AM

All replies

• You can give its recipient filters or conditions so that it doesn't apply to anything.  But recipients that have had the policy applied won't be affected unless you apply the policy, in which case they may get another policy applied.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

• Proposed as answer by David Wang_ Thursday, July 28, 2016 6:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by David Wang_ Thursday, August 4, 2016 7:32 AM
    Thursday, July 28, 2016 1:34 AM
  • Hi,

Please take the following steps to change the email address policy setting:

Please open EMC-organization configuration-hub transport,right-click the email address policy and choose Edit,

At the next dialog we can see the schedule options for the email address policy.

Please change it to "Do not apply" – the email address policy will be not applied to the recipients that fall within its scope.

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

David Wang_
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by David Wang_ Thursday, August 4, 2016 7:32 AM
    Thursday, July 28, 2016 6:09 AM