locked
name translation: could not find the name or insufficient right to see name RRS feed

  • Question

  • Good day

    I Built a server recently and also created two new service accounts to run an application, The SQL install is not seeing the new accounts and when I test the accounts by trying to add them to remote desktop users I get the following

    "Windows cannot process the object with the name "svcSGQLGPvmClusEngine" because of the following error

    name translation: could not find the name or insufficient right to see name"

    I noticed after trying some other recently created accounts I get the same error and on other servers as well. also, On some servers, the  svcSGQLGPvmClusEngine account is not even found


    Scott Cummins

    Wednesday, April 25, 2018 2:23 PM

All replies

  • Could be broken / misconfigured DNS. I'd check the DC and all members have the static address of DC listed for DNS and no others such as router or public DNS.

     

     



    Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

    Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

    Wednesday, April 25, 2018 2:35 PM
  • Your answer is correct, I encountered the same error, and found that domain DNS is pointing to AD in the distance, their information has not been synchronized
    Friday, January 3, 2020 6:59 AM