Server shuts itself off RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All 

My server ( Windows Server 2012) it's only for application testing purposes.

And I'm backing up all my servers on it. Two days ago there was an update required restarting. And after I restarted the server  turned off next day when I came to my work I turned it on manually, But today while I'm checking 

My backup I found the server turned off again for the second time.

Any help, please.

• Edited by M.Elsherif Sunday, April 9, 2017 10:12 AM
    Sunday, April 9, 2017 10:10 AM

All replies

• Any Help ???
    Sunday, April 9, 2017 12:23 PM
  • I'd check the system or application event logs.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Sunday, April 9, 2017 3:20 PM
  • Hi,

Please open System, check the activation state and make sure it is activated. If it an evaluation version, system may shutdown itself once the evaluation period is expired. 

In general, Windows update may schedule a system shutdown to complete the update installation/configuration. You may open check Windows Update settings:
    Control Panel – System and Security – Windows Update – Change Settings

If the problem persists, please check event viewer to see if any relate event has been logged. Besides, is there any error/message prompted when shutdown? 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 10:19 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 21, 2017 5:35 AM