none
DPM 2010 - Replica is Inconsistent RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting an Error # 30119 Replica is Inconsistent when backing up the OS drive C: on a Windows2003 server. The System State and the data volume F: backup with no errors - only the C: drive. I have tried to perform a consistency check, but that just fails too. The Help file says " The change journal ID may have changed since the last synchronization" but I don't know what that means or how to fix that either.

Any advise on where to start troubleshooing ?

Monday, July 12, 2010 7:18 PM

Answers

• Hi all

There are some thing that you could try out.

1) Does your C drive have enough free space? For your backup to work fine it's a good thing to have 1 GB of free space on the C drive (in this case)

2) Does all your VSS writers report a stable sate? To see this, open an administrative promot and type "vssadmin list writers" if any VSS writer is in a "retryable sate" or other try reboot your server.

3) If your journal is faulty you can modify the protection group that the protected member (thats your C drive) is located. To do this, mark the protection group and click on modify, run through the guide and click finish. Try to do a manually concistency check.

4) Stop the protection of the protected member (your C drive) bur RETAIN the data. Modify the protection group and include the C drive again.

Hope this helps!

BR

Robert Hedblom

Check out my DPM blog http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 8:05 PM

All replies

• Anyone ? Sure could use some help with this one issue...
    Friday, July 16, 2010 4:39 PM
  • Did you try rebooting the server (not DPM, but the protected server)

Thanks,

Parag

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, July 23, 2010 5:08 AM
  • Hi,

has this solved your problem?

I have the same Problem with DPM 2010 and no idea...

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 2:23 PM
  • Hi all

There are some thing that you could try out.

1) Does your C drive have enough free space? For your backup to work fine it's a good thing to have 1 GB of free space on the C drive (in this case)

2) Does all your VSS writers report a stable sate? To see this, open an administrative promot and type "vssadmin list writers" if any VSS writer is in a "retryable sate" or other try reboot your server.

3) If your journal is faulty you can modify the protection group that the protected member (thats your C drive) is located. To do this, mark the protection group and click on modify, run through the guide and click finish. Try to do a manually concistency check.

4) Stop the protection of the protected member (your C drive) bur RETAIN the data. Modify the protection group and include the C drive again.

Hope this helps!

BR

Robert Hedblom

Check out my DPM blog http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 8:05 PM