A premature release by Microsoft with XP SP3? RRS feed

• Question

• My name is Todd Skiles. I'm not a novice computer user and have gained all my knowledge and experience through running into problems. I must say that most of my problems have been encountered by installing Microsoft's "highly recommended" downloads. Twice on two different computers I have had to reinstall the entire operating system thanks to an "update" from Microsoft. The release of SP3 for Windows XP is no different. We have two Dell computers in our home. After installing SP3, all manner of things went wrong with the computers. When I submitted the error logs to Microsoft, Microsoft reported that the issue was my Intel processor, which was NOT the case. I ended up calling Dell Technical Support to make certain the uninstallation of SP3 was all that was required. It was. While speaking with the Dell Technician, he reported that the majority of his calls are related to issues from having installed Windows XP SP3. Microsoft needs to know about this. It's atrocious that they can release such cr*p and just get away with it. I'm so over the Microsoft updates I've decided to no longer receive ANY updates from Microsoft. As far as I'm concerned, if it's working DON'T FIX IT!
    Friday, May 23, 2008 1:16 AM

All replies

• Why not use vista?
    It's a great software
    Friday, May 23, 2008 2:05 AM
  • Vista has even more troubles. I refuse to update to it, my daughter bought a brand new PC with Vista and she has all the updates, emailed Microsoft tech support, then called the PC maker tech support but still can not install her printer!

I have had good luck with Microsoft updates until SP3 i have tried twice and NO GO! Lucky i back up often! Well on with the search for an answer.

Lsman

Friday, May 23, 2008 5:48 PM
  • I know about Vista. It is awful. The best thing to do with SP3 is UNINSTALL it. It's really easy if you've already got it installed and it's causing problems. Just go into add/remove programs from Control Panel and remove it. Your system will revert back to SP2. Good luck!

TS in PS
    Saturday, May 24, 2008 6:02 AM