PNG file not displaying in webpage IE11 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

ActiveX control is enabled in IE11 (OS: Windows Embedded Standard 7) using the following command,

reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_LOCALMACHINE_LOCKDOWN" /v iexplore.exe /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

The PNG file is not displaying in IE11 if the following HTML code is used,

<center><DIV STYLE="; height:512; width:512; background-color: black; filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(enabled=true src='C:\Users\abc\Desktop\images.png', sizingMethod='scale');"></DIV></center>

could anyone help why the image is not displaying in the webpage if the html file is executed. am I missing anything here?

Appreciate your help!

Regards,

Prabu

Thursday, July 9, 2015 12:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Post questions about IE Extension development to the IE Extension Development forum.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/home?forum=ieextensiondevelopment

(at the top of that forum you can find links to the IE Development forum....which can provide you with guidance while your learning )

include with your question your FEATURE_CONTROL_EMULATION setting for your WBC... using feature_control registry settings determines which emulation mode (IE7-11) your WBC hosted program will use when rendering web content.... DXImageTransform filters do not work in IE9 emulation modes and higher... (it is non-standard)... your markup provided indicates that you are targeting super-seeded versions of IE... png files work just fine in IE8 (emulation) and higher.

you are using the file protocol for the uri to the png file.... 'C:\Users\abc\Desktop\images.png'
    do not do this.... place all your images that your WBC hosted html uses in the same folder as the html file itself and refer to the png/image resource with a just its file name.eg. src="images.png"

Rob^_^

• Proposed as answer by Roger Lu Friday, July 10, 2015 3:18 AM
    Friday, July 10, 2015 12:54 AM
  • Hi Rob,

thanks for the reply. I will post the question in IE extension development forum.

I will also check about the information that you have provided.

Thank you.

Friday, July 10, 2015 6:50 AM