MOSS 2007 - xlsx in xlviewer RRS feed

• Question

• After some advice please.

At a client site we have an issue with the 'Email a Link' feature including xlviewer.aspx - and thus opening the file in the Excel Viewer, not allowing editing, etc. It's detrimental to the way the users like to work.

I've found another post (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointcollaboration/thread/d7b0aa02-e9bf-492c-9311-47db4a895b77) which details the same problem, and in my own sandbox environment - provides a working solution. However:

The client have a production and test system - test uses a backup of production's Content DBs and is configured the same. Upon changing the file serverFilesExcelServer.xml and performing an iisreset -- it makes NO difference. Is there another 'feature' I'm missing somewhere? I really don't know what to do!

Help!

I don't know why this was moved - when I refer to sandbox I mean 'my own seperate system where I can do stuff without it affecting anything because it's not moved' 
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, August 10, 2011 10:48 AM "in my own sandbox environment" sandbox is only available in SP 2010 (From:SharePoint - Collaboration (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    • Moved by Seven M Tuesday, August 16, 2011 8:38 AM moss 2007 (From:SharePoint 2010 - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation)
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 10:05 AM