none
UEFI HP DL360 G9 Image fails 5615 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to image a HP DL360 G9 Server and am not able to get around it if booting in UEFI mode. If i switch to Legacy BIOS I can successfully lay the image down.  I get a "Failure 5615 False: boot drive was not found, required?"  The OS lays down fine, gets to 100% but before it reboots i get the fail error.  Running MDT 2013 update 2 with ADK 10.  Feel like i've read every post in regards to this error and UEFI, but i'm not getting past it. Tried changing from MBR to GPT in the TS, but then read its not neccessary.  Removed ADK and re-installed. re-genned my Boot files, still no dice. Any help would be appreciated. I can F8 at the failure screen and run through DiskPart and see my drive fine...

At the bottom of my LTI apply log i do get the operation completed successfully, followed by the following:

Event 5625 sent; the image was applied successfully

find the boot drive (if any) True 6.3.9600.17415 False

No Boot Drives found. None

Failure 5615 False, boot drive was not found, required.

Event 41002 sent failure 5615 false boot drive was not found, required?

Monday, September 26, 2016 9:43 PM

Answers

• I deleted my task sequence and re-created it. My environment was upgraded to update 2 and something was acting strange in the BIOS vs UEFI section of it.  When I rebuit the TS it worked fine.

• Marked as answer by Slade1040 Wednesday, April 19, 2017 3:30 PM
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 3:27 PM

All replies

• What version of W10 are you installing and what version of the ADK (1507, 1511, 1607, etc.)?

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 9:12 PM
  • Are you imaging the computer with full offline media or booting via Litetouchpe.wim (network-based deployments).

If you set the bios to UEFI the usb needs to be formatted fat32, which cpss off at 4gb so you can fit your image on it. For full offline media and computers that have uefi I use a certified windows to go usb which has 2 partitions, which one can be formatted fat32 for the boot image and the other ntfs for the image itself.

Also you can try setting up WDS and try imaging.

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 9:18 PM
  • Did you ever find an answer? I have the exact same scenario and exact same error. Initial searching led me to believe its a UEFI WinPE10 issue which led me to find this post.     Not sure where to turn at this point.
    Friday, November 11, 2016 6:26 PM
  • You might want to look at using PXE boot or a physical CD instead of the virtual CD boot.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Friday, November 11, 2016 7:36 PM
  • I deleted my task sequence and re-created it. My environment was upgraded to update 2 and something was acting strange in the BIOS vs UEFI section of it.  When I rebuit the TS it worked fine.

• Marked as answer by Slade1040 Wednesday, April 19, 2017 3:30 PM
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 3:27 PM