none
The version numbers for one or more GPOs on this domain controller are not in sync with the version for the GPOs on the Baseline domain controller

Question

• Hi All

i have 2 Domain controllers in my network DC1(Windows Server 2012 R2) & DC2(Windows Server 2008 R2).with one GPO

when i check the GPO infrastructure status i get the message 1 Domain controller Replication in progress with the message

The version numbers for one or more GPOs on this domain controller are not in sync with the version for the GPOs on the Baseline domain controller

Both the domain controllers SYSVOL have this GPO folder , how i can resolve this issue as my GPO are not applying to computers 

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 12:55 PM

All replies

• Hi All

i have 2 Domain controllers in my network DC1(Windows Server 2012 R2) & DC2(Windows Server 2008 R2).with one GPO

when i check the GPO infrastructure status i get the message 1 Domain controller Replication in progress with the message

The version numbers for one or more GPOs on this domain controller are not in sync with the version for the GPOs on the Baseline domain controller

Both the domain controllers SYSVOL have this GPO folder , how i can resolve this issue as my GPO are not applying to computers 

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 12:42 PM
  • Hi,

Am 28.12.2016 um 13:55 schrieb anwarmanha:
    > The version numbers for one or more GPOs on this domain controller
    > are not in sync with the version for the GPOs on the Baseline domain
    > controller

reinitialize File Replication Service ... NTFRS or DFS-R

Mark
    --
    Mark Heitbrink - MVP Group Policy - Cloud and Datacenter Management

Homepage:  http://www.gruppenrichtlinien.de - deutsch

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 1:22 PM
  • Hi,
    Alternatively, please check the following hotfix if it helps:
    "AD / SYSVOL version mismatch" message is displayed unexpectedly in the Group Policy Results report in Windows
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2866345
    and you could have a try to rename this problematic GPO and then see if the error disappears.
    Here is a similar problema in the following thread, you could refer to:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/1a5db5cb-f194-40b5-8545-37ccbac300e1/windows-server-2012-gpos-wont-sync?forum=winserverGP
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, December 29, 2016 5:52 AM
  • i tried the above link, but could not figure out 
    Thursday, December 29, 2016 6:08 AM
  • Did you tried to rename the gpo as suggested by Wendy? also did you installed the hotfix on both DC's?

What if you create a new GPO. is that gpo getting replicated to other DC?

Also try to force SYSVOL replication by following the below command

dfsrdiag syncnow /RGName:"Domain System Volume" /Partner:OTHER_DC /Time:15 /v

You must run dfsrdiag command on the one DC, parameter /Partner points to the another DC.

What is /Time: 

If you have some files that need to be replicated urgently, you can use this command and override the schedule – for N-minutes DFSR will replicate the backlogged files without the need to change the Replication Group schedule.

Moreover, the N (max replication duration) cannot exceed 10080 = 15mn x 4 x 24 x 7

Otherwise, you will have an error 'invalid duration value' while you run dfsrdiag.

Regards, Nidhin.CK

Thursday, December 29, 2016 6:49 AM
  • Hi Wendy

Hotfix is not applicable to my server 2012 R2,

i renamed the GPO, but no luck

i go thread the thread, it is exactly same as my issue. but could not solve by renaming 

Thursday, December 29, 2016 1:08 PM
  • Hi Nithin

New GPO did not tried. will try that later

tried the force replication but go the message

the member has no inbound connection with the partner

Access is denied to connection monitoring information 

Thursday, December 29, 2016 1:09 PM
  • Cross check if both DC's has connection available in AD-Sites and services.

Open AD Sites and Services > Sites > SiteName > Servers > Expand DC Name > Click NTDS Settings. Check if you see any connection available for second DC. 

Reapt the same step for Second DC to check if connection available for First DC

If no, from both DC open cmd in Administrator mode and type repadmin /kcc command

also verify whether replication is working by exevuting below command in cmd 

repadmin /showrepl

Regards, Nidhin.CK

Thursday, December 29, 2016 1:31 PM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, January 2, 2017 6:07 AM
  • Hi Nidhin

both DC has connection each other, i have checked through NTD Settings

and also run the command repadmin /showrepl which return all the connection was successful from both the DC

i have created new policy on DC1 but it did not replicated to DC2. when i check the status it shows 1 Domain controller Replication in progress -> sysvol in accessible 

Monday, January 2, 2017 6:48 AM
  • Hi Wendy

Thank you, let me spend sometime on this. will update here the progress

Monday, January 2, 2017 6:49 AM
  • Hi,
    Sure, if you have any questions, please feel free to let us know. Appreciate for your feedback.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 7:55 AM