none
Problems with Project Server 2010: SampleProposal2 Workflow, task approval RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to install the SampleProposal2 workflow based on the source code from Microsoft SDK on a server with non-english language setting (danish). I'm not sure this is the problem, here it is:

The workflow creates approval tasks in the Project Server Approval list fine. But when I approve the task it dosn't get 100% completed. Status = Approved ('Godkendt' in danish), %Complete = "" and Result = "".

I have a pre-installed version of the workflow (in danish) running on the server and it works fine. When the task is approved, Status = Completed('Udført' in danish), %Complete = "100%" and Result = "Godkendt" (=Approved).

When I look at the preinstalled workflow I can see that the systemaccount has added a version of the task the sets the completion to 100% and status to Completed. The deployed SampleProposal2 hasen't got this last version (3.0) in the history:

3.0  09-07-2010 11:37    Systemkonto 
    Status  Udført  (=Completed)
    % færdig  100 % (=%Completion=100%)

2.0  09-07-2010 11:37    Lars Egelund 
    Status  Godkendt  (=Approved)

1.0  09-07-2010 11:36    Systemkonto
    Approval required for project ...

Added on june, 12: Tried to deploy the code on a UK server installation and it works as expected. I guess its a matter of multi-language/globalization!? My "problem-server" runs english OS, danish regional setting and danish PWA...

Anybody who knows of this problem?

Anybody know of the source code for the workflow in other languages than uk (i.e. Danish)?

• Moved by Lily Wu Monday, July 12, 2010 8:51 AM Not a SharePoint issue. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards. (From:SharePoint 2010 - Using Visual Studio with SharePoint and other programming)
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Monday, July 12, 2010 9:12 AM Project Server 2010 question (From:Off-Topic Posts (Do Not Post Here))
    • Edited by Lars Egelund Monday, July 12, 2010 11:34 AM More info
    Friday, July 9, 2010 11:46 AM

Answers

• I have experienced similar issue due to regional setting.

I trust you have English MOSS / Project 2010 with Danish Language pack.

Is it a brand new environment?  Can you create English PWA on the Danish server and check the status?

Do you have users in Portfolio managers group? Can you compare the user groups and permissions between your working vs non-working PWAs?

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 2:52 AM

All replies

• I have experienced similar issue due to regional setting.

I trust you have English MOSS / Project 2010 with Danish Language pack.

Is it a brand new environment?  Can you create English PWA on the Danish server and check the status?

Do you have users in Portfolio managers group? Can you compare the user groups and permissions between your working vs non-working PWAs?

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 2:52 AM
  • It's actually the PWA that both works and dont work. The installation is a brand new English MOSS / Project 2010 with Danish Language pack with the preinstalled MS data i.e. PDP's, workflow etc. The workflow is in danish though and I guess there has to be some source code for this since in the SampleProposal2 the text is in a separate string-file.

The portfolio manager group has members and it works with the workflow since they get a notification. The problem is the task that dosn't get 100% complete when hitting the Approve-button when using the SampleProposal2 - it works with the preinstalled workflow in danish.

I'll try to create a uk PWA and install the workflow on this soon- I'll get back on this. 

Did you solve your issue and how?

Br, Lars

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 1:29 PM
  • Hi Lars,

Did you finally solve this issue??

I'm experiencing the same with the Spanish Language Pack.

Thanks in advance.

Javier Cano
    Monday, November 29, 2010 10:33 AM
  • Hi,

Has anyone resolved it?

Thanks,

Vishal.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 12:39 AM
  • Hi there,

Has anyone a solution for this problem?

We are facing a similar problem with our Project Server. We are using a Nintex Workflow 2010 to deal with our projects. This workflow creates an Assign to-do task in the Project Servers workflow approvals list. After completing this task the entry in "% complete" leaves blank. The major problem is, that the workflow hangs at this position. We noticed, that the workflows doesn't hang when the "% complete" field is filled with "100%". Because of this we think that there might be a dependency between our problem and the issue described in this post.

Our Project Server is installed in English, but our SharePoint Farm has installed a German language pack. So maybe anyone can give us a hint to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance and best Regards,

Janosch 

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 9:59 AM